Saturday 28 February 2015

Loop De Loop - My Final Idea for Gravity

My idea for this project involves the movement of the camera, which the character interacts with. It's basically a chance for me to practice creating a walk cycle in stop motion; It's something I have never tried before and am keen to gain experience in. My storyboard illustrates a shift in the camera angle, so that the 'floor' the character's on will tilt and seemingly create an imbalanced surface, which the character stumbles upon and falls down because gravity pulls him to the floor.



I found a video on how to create the character Morph, who has deeply inspired me for this animation. So much so, that since the creator of Morph uploaded this video, I will use this character design since it's a standard, simple model to make, so that I can focus on animating this project.



Here's my interpretation of Morph:













The plasticine is quite hard to smooth out, but I have got the basic shapes and a character who can stand up on it's own! It took me longer to make then I expected but I'm happy with the result and look forward to using him in my animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment