Saturday 28 February 2015

'Just A Mess' Documentary-Style Animation

This piece was made by a student at Concordia University; she took an audio recording of her grandmother talking about skunks, which turns out to be a fairly interesting story.

The way she portrayed this story through stop motion and the sets she used, such as the map, make up quite a creative response to the audio. The animation flows well and works with the audio, with minimalistic backgrounds allowing the audience to focus on the characters and story.

When I consider how to stage my documentary, if I have a narration describing what's happening then I should keep my backgrounds/sets as simple as possible so that the focus is on the actions that inform the story.


Just a Mess from Laura Stewart on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment