Saturday 17 January 2015

Changes Based on My Feedback

So after the feedback I got yesterday, I have made some changes to my animation.

Firstly I wanted to add more movement in my first scene. I wasn't sure how to do this, but one good part about it is the breath at the start, so I decided to keep that same movement, but put the arms in a slightly different position at the end and extend the head movement further to emphasise his tiredness.
Once this was in place, I felt the action through the rest of the sequence should have just as much movement, so thought a common action everybody does is scratch their head. It was difficult to make the arm and fingers move smoothly whilst scratching but I am relatively happy with the final result.



Most of my feedback said to add in more follow through action with the arms; which was my main focus for the second scene. The main problem with it originally was the left arm didn't move very much so the body looked quite stiff. As the arm swings back and forth I made sure the elbow and wrist overlapped the shoulder's action slightly.
Just before the third swing I wasn't sure how to move the left arm, because realistically it should swing in the opposite direction as the right arm, so the action wouldn't have looked right if I had moved it too early; so instead I made him clench his fist as it was still in the air, whilst the right arm was still swinging around his body.



For my third scene I also wanted his left arm to move more; so I put in an extra swing when he leans forward while saying "wax" and bent his elbow slightly in places. I think this adds more life to the character and makes him looser.
I also extended his lean forward and heightened him as he says "do the laundry", which emphasises those phrases and keeps him from looking stiff.


I put all three playblasts together into one video to see how they pann out.
I think overall the feedback I received makes my animation look better than it did before! I will re render each scene and add in a sound effect on the broom and cloth as he moves.




No comments:

Post a Comment