Monday 21 October 2013

Pendulum - Pose to Pose Animation...

Today, We got given the task of drawing out a pendulum swinging on a lightbox, using key moments in the process, to map out how to successfully pull off the swing. This is developing from the Photoshop induction we had to draw out the pendulum digitally.
This is the resulting animation I made in response to this task:


These are the key frames I drew out first, to get an idea of where the ball will swing:





I think I managed to get a good arc, with a smooth swing that is mirrored on either side of the key frame;
To improve the animation, I would increase the space between each frame as it swings in the middle, to give it the impression it's moving faster. I would also draw the whole thing more central in the page, rather then near the top, so that we don't miss any action!
I'm glad we got the chance to complete this task both digitally and by hand, as I got to see which technique I like best.


No comments:

Post a Comment