Monday 28 October 2013

My Pixilation!

I finally filmed my pixilation! The first thing I had to do was set up the stage where my film is going to take place... So I gathered all my objects and lined them up like so:


I tried to apply all my ideas to the final piece, however I decided to remove some objects from the final line up, because I thought those objects were too big and that my animation might get too long and repetitive!
In my storyboard I tried to use creative and original ways to make the plasticine eat the objects.. I don't want it to be boring so using different camera angles will hopefully help make it visually pleasing for you, the lovely audience!

This is the final piece I produced! I hope you like it:



Overall I am quite pleased with what I've made, however there are a few improvements I would make if I had the chance to do it again:
  • I'd hold some shots for longer, such as the close up of the Lego ninja's face, and when the ball lands in front of the shoe on the floor. Just to allow for pauses so the audience can process everything!
  • I'd think more about the lighting, because it gets a lot brighter as it gets further into the video (because the sun set, so it was too dark otherwise!)
  • More involvement with the hand/person would have made it more interesting.
The next thing I want to learn properly is how to add sound effects to an animation! I think little sounds would really bring my work alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment