Thursday 31 October 2013

Animation Ideas...

Our class were given the task to use all the skills and techniques we've learnt so far - ideas generation, storyboarding, researching, and some of the basic animation processes - and use this to create a 5-10 second animation of our own!
I have to base it on one of these words: Surprise, Lateness, Love, Hate, Longing, Happiness, or Fear.

So first things first; Formulating Ideas.
I started with a mind map of all the words given to us in our brief:



I decided at least one idea for each word would suffice, because I didn't want to overwhelm or pressure myself with too many ideas...
But after considering all the ideas I've written, I decided to use the element of surprise, with my Jack in the Box idea, which goes something like this:

I haven't decided if to use the last paragraph (hence the question mark!) Because I'm not sure if It's relevant or not, due to the fact we've already had the surprise with the boxing glove, so I could just leave it at that instead of viewing the aftermath.

I thought this idea would be simple, yet still effective and hopefully entertaining, because if I can get the appropriate music and sound effects then that will bring the whole thing alive and build up suspense!
I will animate it with a mixture of frame by frame and pose to pose animation, using either a light box or Photoshop, because I think for this idea either of these techniques will be the easiest to review what I've drawn previously, so I can get the movements right.
It also allows me to practice my drawing!
Using Photoshop would allow me to colour in my frames as well as draw them, and the light box is easier to see what I have drawn previously, and to map out key frames to work from.

I will draft up a final storyboard for my idea, and work out the best camera angles and which technique to use to portray it best.


No comments:

Post a Comment