Wednesday 2 October 2013

Nursery Rhymes

After being set the task to create a storyboard based on a nursery rhyme, the first thing that popped into my head was Humpty Dumpty. This proves that for me Humpty Dumpty is the most recognisable nursery rhyme!
Despite this I decided to consider other nursery rhymes too, and I found this website:

http://www.nurseryrhymes.com/

Listing some of the most popular nursery rhymes that I listened to as a child! Including:
  • Baa baa black sheep, originally published in 1744! This image is extracted from Mother Goose's Melody's:
'Baa Baa Black Sheep, have you any wool?
Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full
One for the master, and one for the dame,
and one for the little boy who lives down the lane.'

  • Incy Wincy Spider, published in 1910
'Incy Wincy Spider, climbed up the water spout
Down came the rain, and washed the spider out
Out came the sun, and dried up all the rain
Incy Wincy Spider, climbed up the spout again.'













  • It's raining It's pouring.
'It's raining, it's pouring;
The old man is snoring
Bumped his head
And he went to bed
And he couldn't get up in the morning

Rain, rain, go away;
Come again another day;
Little Jonny wants to play.'













After reading all of these, I still think Humpty Dumpty is the best option for creating my storyboard; Because I can think of a few original ideas which tie in nicely with the original, but still give me some creative ground! This is what I will be working with:

'Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall,
All the kings horses and all the kings men,
Couldn't put Humpty together again.'

Now I've chosen my nursery rhyme it's time to create a storyboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment