Saturday 11 April 2015

Qwertee - Mockingjay Development

So far I have made a rough version of my idea; I am happy with the shape of the bird and the brush I used to draw it gives the piece a nice tone.



Originally I used a light shade of yellow for the background; though this makes the silhouette of the bird stand out, it isn't a good colour to use as a base for fire. So instead I used a tone of red, which allowed me to go over it with lighter colours.

Once I had used the orange and yellow colours, the design started to look a lot better, especially when I added detail with a finer line. However I'm still not entirely happy with it - I think the background could look a lot better with a more detailed, painted look, rather than the squiggly lines I have used here.


I will experiment further with the different brushes provided on Photoshop to see what kind of lines can be made, and if any would suit my design better than this.







No comments:

Post a Comment