Saturday 11 April 2015

Qwertee - Further Development on the Mockingjay

After doing a mockup of this design with the standard paint brushes on Photoshop, I decided I wanted to create something that's different from the original image that inspired me; combining this with other qwertee designs that have appealed to me led me to want to create a painted effect, which I believed would have a bigger effect on my design rather than trying to re create fire.

I had to download paint brushes in order to achieve this effect, but I think it works really well. Despite only having the base colour on at the time, seeing this image got me more excited to carry on experimenting with the brushes and colours to hopefully make better results.


I narrowed down the colour of the bird to these 3 images below. I felt that the original colour I went with didn't stand out enough against the new background. After some deliberation I decided the best colour to use was a darker shade of red, because it blends with the background better but stands out at the same time.



Original colour I used
Final colour
Now that the colours are established it's starting to look a lot better, however I feel that there is too much yellow paint in the background. It looks a bit too messy, which could detract from the bird, especially since I was planning to shade the bird in a couple of shades of orange. I will review the piece and see if there is a better alternative for the background, such as adding in another shade of orange instead of parts of the yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment