Monday 16 March 2015

Propercorn - Shot 1

This was the hardest shot to animate in this sequence; both Cara and I wanted to get a Willy Wonka's factory feel for when the carts enter the flavouring room. I thought the best way to achieve this would be to have a mix of colours swirling around as more water pours out of the shells. 

Firstly, I focused on moving the waterfalls. I managed to simplify this task by only moving the white lines that represent the tiny bubbles that appear with water, so by grabbing all three fountains and moving them down slightly for each frame I created the illusion that they are flowing at different speeds; This makes the motion look slightly more natural and interesting.

Next was animating the swirls in the water; I decided splitting each of the 5 sections into their own layers and sorting them out one by one would be the best way to make this work. So by doing it frame by frame and using the onion skins tool on Photoshop, I was able to see what I had done previously and re draw it in the right place. This process took me a while but it was the only technique I could think of to get the best results.

Some parts of the final clip still look rough, especially in GIF form, but I managed to make this scene work at least reasonably well to sell our idea; feedback from Cara suggests she is happy with it so I am too.




No comments:

Post a Comment