Tuesday 10 March 2015

Bingomation - Animating the Dancer

As fun as this part was to animate, I found it difficult to change the proportions to make the animation run smoothly; to solve this I used the end frame as a reference in each drawing to see where my animation should end up. I think it'll be harder to figure out how the dancer will merge into the number 17 once I add colour to it, since they will have to blend together, but I will figure that out when I have more time to complete it and hopefully get it to a good enough standard for my showreel.



I am disappointed that I can not continue this animation right now; I think what I have is good so far, but I set myself too much of a challenge in a short amount of time. It was enjoyable to animate, but if I were to submit it I would need to change the colour of the floor to make it acceptable to bingomation's guidelines. I experimented with this on a single image (below) trying to find a combination that works; I will carry on experimenting and improve the quality of lines so that the character stands out more.

My animation so far
An experiment with colour

No comments:

Post a Comment