Friday 27 March 2015

Modelling

Today Grace and I managed to find time to start making the armature models for our project - we started out with plastic fruits that Grace had acquired as a base for our models, because we're seeing if a hollow centre will make them lighter and easier to manipulate.

I ended up making the armatures for the lemon and strawberry; I found it difficult to puncture holes in the plastic fruits and stick the wires through them, especially the strawberry, but if we apply milliput to the areas around the holes while keeping the arms and legs in the right position then I think this technique could work.
















For now though, we just applied the milliput to their hands and feet and left them to set. Seeing them all lined up next to each other is exciting, I can finally see the production starting to come together. Feedback from our other collaborator suggested that we need to change the size of the pepper, to match the original character design; which I agree with, but apart from that the production is running smoothly so far.

All 5 characters

The two characters I made armatures for

The next stage of the process will be to put plasticine over the armatures, I think Grace is planning to do this over the Easter break, since she enjoys the modelling side of it more, so I will be there on hand if she needs me in a few weeks, to hopefully start animating soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment