Thursday 13 February 2014

Series of 8

Developing from my 32 images, I chose the shoe-on-water image, because I thought I could create a nice narrative for my storyboard.

With my 8 images I explored different camera angles I could use, and used paint, ink, pro markers, fine liners, pencils and crayons to see which media I thought worked best.


I think I've got a good variety of camera angles, looking at different view points from the under the water, looking over the boat (shoe), and from the sky. Hopefully having a variety of view points will show off the background/world that I've created, and keep my story interesting.

The paint looks too streaky for my liking, it gives a natural texture for the shoe, but I found it tiring and annoying to use, since it doesn't colour the whole section you want unless you put several layers on.
I enjoyed using the ink and nips, because I had to work slower to get the line to the same consistency, which is better for applying detail. The crayons and pro markers also work well with the ink since the colours I used were highlighted by the thin lines.
I find it easier to use pencils, because it's easier to develop shading and rub out any wrong lines, but for this task I wanted to explore and practice using different media.
That's why I'm going to use ink and crayons to complete my 12 images, which will give me a chance to practice drawing fine lines and highlighting with crayons.

No comments:

Post a Comment