Tuesday 25 February 2014

Interim Crit for Applied Animation...

This is the storyboard I presented in my interim crit:




I think a happy ending would send out a good message, because it will show that ChildLine can genuinely help with any problems someone might be facing. I also wanted to show a variety of issues that ChildLine deals with because not everyone will be aware of what they can deal with.

I want the black cloud to follow my character around, as a representation of the depression he feels; how it looms around him constantly putting a weight on him that he can't get rid of (until he talks to ChildLine). 

It was generally received quite well - they liked the idea of the black cloud, but my tutor suggested doing further research into the subject to find out exact statistics to see what storyline would be the most appropriate for a ChildLine campaign (is it male or female callers that are most common? What are the top issues that children/different age groups talk to ChildLine about? etc.) which will allow me to make some informed decisions about my work. I think this is a good point, to make the advert more accurate to the most/least aware problems.

I should think more about who I want to aim this advert at: young children or teenagers? Then choose character designs and a story most appropriate for them.

After receiving this feedback, I need to go back over my ideas and re-evaluate what story would be best for this campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment