Sunday 9 February 2014

Applied Animation

Unfortunately I missed the briefing by my tutor explaining what we have to do for our new project A Tale In The Sting last Monday (I hate being ill)

This being said, the new brief has been posted up online, so I can still read it and start my work!
Applied Animation is about taking what I learnt from my previous project and developing my researching and animating skills further.
We have to choose one out of these three briefs to complete:

Idents
Make three idents lasting 10 seconds each for three popular TV channels, out of a choice of four. Follow their requirements and a few specifications for what makes the ideal indent for their channel.

Titles
Choose a book which hasn't been adapted to a film or TV show, and create a 40 second title sequence for it. There's no preferred animation technique, but the film must represent the selected book well.

Campaign
Create a 40 second animation to raise public awareness of the work that one of two charities does. The only requirements are the companies logo and contact details have to be included at the end of the film.

After reading all the briefs, I've decided that the campaign sounds the most appealing to undertake, since it gives me a chance to practice combining a story with advertising, and I want to try focusing on one, simple but nice visual style. I can make an emotional story - rather then a comical one (which I usually go for!) so I can try something new, to see which genre of story I'm better at making.


No comments:

Post a Comment