Thursday 13 February 2014

Sequence of 12

After reviewing my series of 8 images, I wrote out a short narrative so I could visualise my story:

"Insect finds a shoe on a riverbank, investigates and accidentally pushes it into the river - it floats.
The insect rides down the river, seeing other animals and fish etc. around.
The shoe crashes into a rock, overturns and sends the insect into the water..."

I took what I wrote and created these images, refining the story as I went along:


I think visually I could have used better media rather then crayon, to make the image feel more complete.
The composition and space have worked well, because I applied the background into the story, but I should have framed it better and not allowed the image to reach all the way to the edge of the paper. Doing this sometimes makes the drawings cut short, almost as if some of the image is missing.
However I think the story works well, with a good variety of camera angles and even some action at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment