Thursday 13 February 2014

32 Images of Shoes...

As Part of a task for our Visual Language module, I had to pick a word at random, then create 32 images based on that word as ideas for how it could be made/what it's related to.
The word I was given was "shoes", so I have to consider what makes up a shoe, etc.
These were the 32 images I drew in A5 size squares:




Some of them definitely work better then others... I think these 5 ideas work best out of them all:

Idea 13
My thoughts for this were to show the shoe lace having a life of its own, crawling like a caterpillar or snake seeing the world from a low perspective...

Idea 11
With idea 11 I thought I could experiment with how shoes fit together (wellingtons in particular), so thought the best way to represent this was to build a wall.

Idea 18
With this, the ballet shoes could have a life of their own; doing the traditional ballet dance routines, but without the person to guide them. This would put emphasis on the part feet have to play in dancing - and every day life.

Idea 25
I came up with the idea to illustrate the nursery rhyme "there was an old woman who lived in a shoe", because I think I could create a few nice images representing the story. However, it's not my own story, and there aren't enough lines in the rhyme to be able to create a 12 image narrative for.

Idea 6

After reviewing all of these ideas, I have decided to go with idea 6. Because I think I could create a good narrative with the idea of an insect riding a boat, experimenting with media and colour along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment