Thursday 13 February 2014

Caroline Leaf - The Metamorphosis of Mr Samsa


Caroline Leaf takes a different approach to animating generally, by using media which I haven't seen a lot of (sand).

I like the use of camera angles and the smoothness between scenes. The perspective isn't quite right on some of the objects, but I think this works and adds to the style. 

The angles that you see the objects in the background generally make you feel part of the story, because a lot of the shots are sat straight on the same level as the characters.

Using sand creates it's own natural texture, so when I watch it I'm under the impression that the story's set in an old fashioned house with rusty or patterned furniture (although that's just me!) I think I get this impression because of the texture in the carpets compared with the silhouettes of the characters.

Here's the full animation:



No comments:

Post a Comment