Monday 15 February 2016

Adobe Kuler

'Kuler' is a part of the Adobe Creative Cloud set; on a website, it provides a colour wheel with various 'colour rule' options to choose from, such as monochromatic, triad, and complementary. This will be a useful tool later on when I'm deciding the colour scheme for my final piece, since up until now I have always struggled to figure out which colours work well together.

This doesn't mean that every colour it suggests will definitely work together, but it's a good tool to help me understand what shades to use when colouring my work.

Here's an example of each colour rule available on the website:

Analogous
Monochromatic
Triad
Complementary
Compound
Shades

I think for my project, either the monochromatic or shades options would work best, since using more than one or two base colours could become too complicated. Once the concept of my film is decided, I can then figure out which colour will best portray the emotions of the characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment