Monday 1 February 2016

Academic Poster

Just like in my other module COP 3, I am required to create an informative poster describing my project - except this time I will be sending it to 'the Dance Studio Leeds' to see if any student at their school is interested in choreographing a routine for me.

After receiving good feedback from my first academic poster for COP, I decided to create one with a similar layout for my idea proposal:


These first two versions of my poster turned out very text-heavy and bland; I wanted to get the information across, which I have done, but after receiving feedback from a few classmates I realised people might not notice it if it was pinned up on the wall. They suggested I change the font, make the images bigger, put less text, and make the title stand out more. 
I agreed with them, so decided to make the alterations, which lead me to create this:

This looks much better then my initial poster, because I removed the subheadings, and split the text up with bigger images. I tried to summarise what I want to say in fewer words as well, so that it doesn't sound like I'm over compensating for anything. 

I received much better feedback on this version, because I altered everything they suggested and the text makes sense, short and to the point. One point of improvement was altering the title - maybe changing the colour of it to make it stand out, which lead me to one final edit:

The Final Poster

I decided to use a shade of blue from the bottom image on my poster to edit the title colour, since it looks more colour coordinated and stands out slightly more. I also decided to change the colour of the contact details at the bottom of the page to make them stand out as well, and to make the page feel more symmetrical and finished. 

Overall I'm happy with the final result; it gets my point across well and will hopefully attract attention from the Dance Studio Leeds, as well as any other schools I potentially display this poster in, if it's needed. For now I will wait for responses, and start calling the dance schools if nobody gets back to me in a few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment