Monday 20 January 2014

Final Improvements

After presenting my work so far, I needed to take the feedback I received on board and improve my animation.

The first step was to flip a scene of my animation; because before it looked a bit odd with the camera angles I had used, so I changed the dog running scene:
Original

Final Cut

I decided this would be the best scene to change, since all of my other scenes indicate the ball was thrown from right to left.
After I had sorted out the dog's direction, I could start creating a background for that same scene, so that the audience knows how fast he is running.
For both of these tasks, I drew the image, selected the area I wanted, and moved it along slightly, or rotated it until it looked right.

The next task I had to do was finish the backgrounds; to make the sky blue and fill in any white gaps I had missed out until now.
I think I have successfully managed to keep to the same style I originally started with, but I tried to keep the trees in the very back very simple, so they don't take attention away from the action!



Another important thing I had to change was the guy's throw. It was suggested by one of my tutors in order to make it look better, I should exaggerate the arc he forms further then I originally did.

Original


Final Piece

Looking at them side by side I realise my tutor was right, it does look slightly better now he has extended further back.

The final task I had to do was add facial features to my animals. I decided to keep them simple, with black dots for eyes and a small oval nose for the dog, because I think that suits the colouring and rest of the style better.




Hopefully all of these changes will make my animation better!

No comments:

Post a Comment