Sunday 12 January 2014

Adventure Time

Recently I've enjoyed watching the TV series 'Adventure Time', for it's simple yet quirky style and colours, and frankly the characters are just awesome!
It's looking into the lives of Jake the dog and Finn the Human, and their adventures as they help people and save them from bad guys...


It was created by Pendelton Ward, a man who now works for Cartoon Network. He was inspired by the role-playing game Dungeons and Dragons and various video games, which shows through the episodes! 
Every frame is hand-drawn, and it can take up to 8 or 9 months to completely produce and make one episode!
Overall smooth animation, but random story lines! But it works because of the quality of animation.

When I drew different possibilities for visual styles, I drew Jake the dog as one of the ideas. It could have been interesting to draw a similar character to him!



This being said, I decided not to use him since I don't want to copy too much from anyone else. So I used some of his stretching qualities in my animation instead, particularly in scene 5 (did I mention Jake is magic?!)


No comments:

Post a Comment