Tuesday 14 January 2014

Feedback So Far...

So far I have managed to get most of the outlines/movements roughed out!

My tutor watched it with me saying most of it is good, but suggested I change the size of the squirrel and dog in this scene:



After hearing this we realised the squirrel is too big compared to the dog, since squirrels are supposed to be small creatures. 
In the other scene I have drawn with them together the squirrel is noticeably smaller, but this is easily changed since I can select the image I want and drag it to make him the size I want.

Apart from that, I think most of my other scenes work well:

I managed to include one of the 12 principles of animation: the 'squash and stretch' in scene 6.

The squirrel jumping over the log in scene 4 works really well, nice and smooth action with the tail following in pursuit.


After watching the dog jump over the log in scene 5, my tutor referred this action to looking like Jake the dog from the TV series 'Adventure Time', which was one of my inspirations for this animation.

Looking at the reference video I found a couple of months ago, I'm proud of how my dog's run cycle has turned out; the legs move smoothly and it works as an image staying in the same place - If I get the background moving across the screen then it'll further enhance the dog's movement.

Overall, I think my film is going well, if I change the first couple of scenes (using reference to study the movements properly) then I will be quite pleased with it so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment