Monday 20 January 2014

Audio

The last thing I had to do to complete my animation was to find audio to go with my film.
My plan from the start has been to just use simple sound effects of a dog panting, birds for the background noise, barking, the contact of tail/hand on ball and breaking glass (for when the ball smashes into the camera). I thought this would be the most appropriate for exploring the natural instincts of animals and I wasn't sure what style of music to go with anyway...

The obvious place to look for sound is Youtube, since there's all kinds of videos on there, and some people kindly record sounds specifically for people to upload! 
There are also a few websites such as "Freesound.org", which is dedicated to providing and sharing sound effects between users.


Once I had found all of the sounds I wanted, I downloaded them and opened them with the software "Audacity". This allowed me to select the part of the sound I want and change the volume of it, so it all sounds appropriate with the section it will accompany and it won't blow anyone's ears out...

Audacity.

The timeline which you drag your curser around to select the clip you want.

The sound adjustment.

After exporting all the right files, it was just a case of putting them into Photoshop in the right places.

You place and move the audio in the same way that you control your frames, so it was just a case of lining them up and timing it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment