Monday 3 March 2014

More Statistics

After reading through the article posted by ChildLine, I realise it's not only teenagers that have issues:




These stats show that bullying and relationships (friendships, family) are the most common concern with young children. It might be better for me to aim my animation at young children instead, to reach out to those who are being bullied and show that it's ok to talk about it.

However I also read that suicidal feelings have increased by 33% amongst teenagers in the past year alone:


This clip also states that it's the 3rd most common problem reported amongst 16-18 year olds - majority of whom are girls.
I found this interesting, since how many boys feel suicidal but don't tell anyone? So I want to explore the issue of suicide amongst young people/teenagers in my campaign, since it's a very serious issue that needs to be resolved - It's a matter of life and death!

No comments:

Post a Comment