Saturday 1 March 2014

Statistics

It was pointed out in my interim crit that I need to do some factual research about who actually does (or doesn't) call/contact ChildLine. A valid point!

So I found an article about the most common problems people have told ChildLine:



These Statistics show that they generally receive more calls from girls; I noticed none of the male's numbers exceed the female callers.
The biggest concerns are the ones I've already covered in my idea: unhappiness, family relationships and bullying.

The way children contact ChildLine has changed over the last couple of years. More people between the ages 12-15 are chatting to a counsellor online rather then by phone - for the first time ever!


This suggests that young teenagers aren't as confident talking on the phone, and are more comfortable chatting online, where they could hide their identities easier to save themselves from feeling embarrassed. 

I think my campaign's main character should still be male, to discreetly suggest that men have problems too, and show the male audience that there's nothing wrong with admitting you're insecure or you're having problems. However I should add at least one more character in the background with their own black cloud (probably female), to make it less gender-specific.



http://www.nspcc.org.uk/news-and-views/media-centre/press-releases/2014/childline-report/childline-report_can-i-tell-you-something_wdf100354.pdf

https://www.nspcc.org.uk/Inform/resourcesforprofessionals/bullying/bullying_statistics_wda85732.html


No comments:

Post a Comment