Thursday 10 March 2016

Material Tests - Photoshop Brushes, Drawing the Characters

Part of the apeal to do this project was the space to be able to consider the visual style of the piece, to suit the overall concept. Since I now know that my theme is exploring feeling lost, I have been able to properly consider the potential brushes I can use to draw this project with.



I like the feel of the graphite brush a lot, it runs smoothly as you draw and leaves an interesting texture on the page - one thing to be aware of is keeping the rough edges of the lines when rubbing out parts, or some parts will become too smooth and unnatural compared to the rest.

Though all have produced similar results, I prefer using the graphite-style brush, since I believe this will produce the textured drawing that I'm looking for.


No comments:

Post a Comment