Tuesday 8 March 2016

Colour Schemes

Now that I have decided the theme of my project will be exploring the feelings of being lost, I can choose appropriate colours to set my animation in.

Feeling lost is generally considered sad, lonely, and sometimes fearful. This means that muted colours would work best to portray the calm yet sad emotions from both characters. It seems the best colour to describe this with is blue, since it's the darkest colour and closest to the gloomy grey and black on the colour pallet.

Using both the monochrome or shades options on Adobe Kuler, I have selected what shades of blue I like the most:



Out of the two, I like the second images colours better, since they are quite gloomy but appealing to look at as well, so hopefully the audience will enjoy watching my film. On the first image there are a couple of shades of grey mixed in as well, so that will give me more options as to how many shades of colours I can use in my animation. 

I will start experimenting on Photoshop and Toon Boom with these colours, to see how well they sit and animate together.


No comments:

Post a Comment