Saturday 16 April 2016

Scheduling

From the start of this module I decided to try not to set a strict, direct schedule for myself, since I wanted the flexibility to have extra time on certain parts if needed (and I can never keep to schedules).

Despite this I wrote on my statement of intent that I'd be starting my final animation on March 7th; it was a bit ambitious of me to say a specific date to start the film, and this project hasn't gone as I imagined it had... Since it was the start of March when students from the Northern School of Contemporary Dance contacted me.

This has set me back about a month behind in production - since I had to arrange a date I could meet That Ribeiro Company and record the dance, as well as edit it and my first reference together, and develop the visual style of the film further.

I'm ultimately glad I gave myself this extra time to organise my film, since I feel a lot more confident in starting animating now that I know roughly how it's going to play out. However this error in judgement on my part in time management suggests I'm not the best project manager in the world...

Next time I just need to set more realistic time frames to work to.

No comments:

Post a Comment