Tuesday 12 April 2016

Music

I'm a bit late in organising this aspect of my animation, however I thought the best way to take on this project would be to establish the routine first, and allow the musician to compose a piece of music for me whilst I animate, rather than waiting for the music to be finished to then give to the dancers.

With just under a month left until the module deadline, I'm hoping there's enough time for them to get it finished... Instead I have decided I'd like to give them until just before the exhibition date on 13th June to have music finished for it, since it's not essential for me to have the music to animate with.

The music That Ribiero Company used to choreograph their routine for me is my main inspiration for what emotion and tempo I want out of the music for my short film. The mixture of piano, violin and vocals is good, it gets across the emotions of the song without being overbearing with the vocals, allowing you to enjoy the instruments; something along these lines would be the right level of emotion to portray the story behind the animation, without taking the attention away from it. Hopefully the musician I collaborate with can create something that will work really well with my animation.



My best bet to find an efficient worker is from Leeds College of Music, since they apparently reply pretty much straight away and as students they can hopefully find benefits in collaborating on this project as well.

As a back up plan I could ask permission to use Bon Iver's song, since it's copyrighted, and it would work well enough with my piece. Ideally an original piece would be a lot more beneficial to get the musicians name recognised, as well as making my film more memorable as a stand alone piece, however if I can't find a musician in time, as long as I have some form of music to accompany my animation then it will all work out.


No comments:

Post a Comment