Monday 9 December 2013

Photoshop Tutorial

One of the software that we are allowed to animate our final piece on is Photoshop. I found this easier then Flash since I've had some previous experience in an induction we previously had.


Using the timeline, each purple box represents one layer, which is easy to manoeuvre along the lines to change the order and timings of each drawing. It also allows you to reveal each layer before and after your current layer/drawing, which is useful for getting the object in the right place. 
I think if I had continued to draw the rest of the action of the ball it would look better, but I think I have applied the squash and stretch technique well to this ball, since the movement is quite fluid.




Once I had figured out how to duplicate the layers to keep the same image, it was easy enough to move the pendulum. One fault I would say is that it moves too fast; to cure this issue I would add more frames in between each key frame (both sides and bottom).

I think I will use Photoshop to animate my final piece, since I found it easy enough to grasp the basics and enjoyable to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment