Monday 2 December 2013

Final Idea... Refined

I wrote out my final idea again, to try and get a better idea of how my piece is going to look.

"A dog and it's owner are in a park, surrounded by forrest. The owner throws a ball for the dog to play fetch, towards the forrest... As the dog runs after it he spots a squirrel has picked up his ball - they look at each other, then the squirrel starts running as the dog chases him... Suddenly the dog runs into a tree and lands in a pool of mud - the owner then appears in the forrest after searching for the dog and starts taking him back towards the park. The camera cuts to the squirrel with the ball in a tree looking at the dog, but his attention is caught by some more squirrels, who just want to play football."

The idea is to explore the element "Earth", with the animals and environment acting naturally - or unnaturally. The punchline is the dog running into the tree, which hopefully will add some humour and emphasise that Earth is the element I'm exploring.
I think this idea has a simple storyline that allows me to have the chasing scene for as long as needed - It could be as long or short as I want to fit the story in the 20 second time slot.

This is the storyboard for this idea:






I think looking at it in this format has made me realise the story is too long. It needs to fit into 20 seconds, so for my animatic, I will experiment and maybe cut a couple of scenes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment