Monday 4 November 2013

Jack in the Box Final Idea...

So I followed what I previously wrote as a final idea, and came up with this:


I decided to draw in the last scene because it will show me what it should look like if I do decide to draw it in. This being said, I will draw the other scenes first and see how the film looks, and how much time I have left before presenting it to my fellow animators!
The positioning of the box in scene 4 allows the viewers to see the boxing glove appear more clearly, and having the shots the same in scene 4 and 5 makes the impact of the glove-on-box more apparent, having more of an effect on audiences.

I think the idea would look better drawn out over a light box onto layout paper, because hopefully this will give it a flickery, old fashioned effect.

The most accurate way to get the action right is to use a reference... So I found this on youtube:



The music lasts for approximately 9 seconds before the puppet pops up... My animation is supposed to be between 5-10 seconds so I will have to shorten the music sequence for mine.

I also looked up the movement of a boxing glove on a spring:



The spring is slow to start with, then it pops and moves faster. So this means for my animation as it hits the box I will have to make fewer frames to give the impression that it's moving faster, and bounces softer and softer as a secondary action (aftermath of the impact between box and glove).

No comments:

Post a Comment