Saturday 23 January 2016

Strictly Come Dancing

The TV show Strictly Come Dancing is famous for publicly displaying celebrities learning how to dance continuously every week for 3 months every year.

They usually learn a variety of ballroom and latin dances; I have considered using one of these routines to reference from for my animation if I don't manage to find a dancer willing to participate in my project, since most of the routines that have featured on the show are on youtube and the choreographers usually make the routines flashy and entertaining, which will make for a better performance.

A problem I might have if referencing from one of these videos is the changing camera angles - a lot of the shots don't capture the whole body, so I would have to either improvise or copy the moves frame by frame, or rotoscope my animation.

One dance couple in particular that could be good to use as reference are Caroline Flack and Pasha Kovalev, since this couple won the competition in 2014 and scored high marks nearly every week, meaning the standard of their dance routines should be high. They have done a mixture of dances. but these two stand out to me the most:






Both are very different from each other, but depending on what concept I want to go for in my animation, either of these routines could be a good place to start in using a reference.


No comments:

Post a Comment