Wednesday 15 October 2014

Using Maya as a Software

As I'm getting to know how Maya works, I realise I have to learn how to make my character rig and props move in the best way possible. This video gives me a lot of examples of how certain objects move and can be stretched and creased depending on which part you manipulate:


fStretch 2 for Maya® - 2011 from Matthieu Fiorilli on Vimeo.

An advantage of using Maya is that the object/character you're moving keeps the same weight and can measure back to its original state with flamboyancy; whereas with 2D animation you have to re-draw every frame so sometimes the shape and measurements change slightly as the animation continues.

This video in particular shows how simple creases being squashed and stretched can add so much volume and realistic values to the object you're animating, compared to how that same pose would look without the detail.

I can bring this into account when designing my own props as this module carries on over the next few months.


No comments:

Post a Comment